I am a writer, editor, social media manager, musician, photographer, actor, and event organizer living in Madison, Wisconsin.
My current main gig is serving as the Media & PR Manager for the Wisconsin chapter of the Nature Conservancy. I am the emeritus Editor of Our Lives, Madison’s “LGBT&XYZ” magazine, printed six times a year and available for free by mail subscription or around town. I wrote a weekly opinion column for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel from 2013-18, and fielded extremely colorful email responses as a result. My current musical gigs are as a drummer/singer with the bands Damsel Trash, and Little Red Wolf (though we’re mostly on hiatus). I contribute articles on a range of topics for various local, regional, and national outlets on a freelance basis.
My writing and photography work has appeared in The Progressive, Rewire.News, USA Today, NBC Think, Isthmus, Tone Madison, Dane101, Wisconsin People & Ideas Magazine, Our Lives Magazine, 77 Square, Wisconsin Gazette, Madison Magazine, Derby Central, and I’ve had essays and photos published in Cut From Plain Cloth: The 2011 Wisconsin Worker Protests and We Are Wisconsin.
I co-host the Something Something Roller Derby podcast, and have appeared as a guest on numerous radio and podcast programs.
Interviews & Cool Things:
- “Setting the Record Queer” interview – 12/17/18
- “A Public Affair” guest host re: LGBTQ Pride in Madison – 8/21/18
- “The Wisconsin Podcast” interview – 1/29/18
- “Hell Is Other Podcasts” Episode 9 – 3/29/16
- “Sex on 8 Wheels” Damsel Trash music video – 11/9/14
- “10 Minutes About Your Favorite Movie” podcast – 10/1/13
- “Running With Scissors” podcast interview as Damsel Trash (9/25/13)
- “Old Business” guest segment re: the devaluing of Madison’s creative scene, on Arts Extract podcast 6/13
- Interview on “Film Reels” (WYOU) April 2013
- Talking about the State Supreme Court race on The People’s Mic, 92.1FM, 3/20/13
- Discussing photographer’s rights on The People’s Mic, 92.1FM, 9/26/12
- Proud member of the Mad Rollin’ Dolls roller derby league
I’m available as a guest speaker on topics ranging from grassroots journalism, new media, alternative event organization, Wisconsin politics, LGBTQ issues, roller derby, and more. Contact me at lostalbatross AT gmail.com