I am a writer, editor, social media manager, musician, photographer, actor, and event organizer living in Madison, Wisconsin. My current main gig is serving as Editor of Our Lives, Madison’s “LGBT&XYZ” magazine, printed six times a year and available for free by mail subscription or around town. I also write a weekly opinion column for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, and field extremely colorful email responses as a result. My current musical gigs are as a drummer/singer with the bands Damsel Trash and Meghan Rose & the Bones, and Little Red Wolf (though we’re mostly on hiatus). I’m also the former co-editor of Dane101.com – an independent media outlet that served the state of Wisconsin for eight years.
My writing and photography work has also appeared in The Progressive, Isthmus, Dane101, Wisconsin People & Ideas Magazine, Our Lives Magazine, 77 Square, Wisconsin Gazette, Madison Magazine, Derby Central, and I’ve had essays and photos published in Cut From Plain Cloth: The 2011 Wisconsin Worker Protests and We Are Wisconsin.
I’ve been a frequent guest on WORT 89.9FM’s 8 O’Clock Buzz, as well as various podcasts and radio programs across the state. I love to talk, hit me up.
Interviews & Cool Things:
- “A Public Affair” guest host re: LGBTQ Pride in Madison – 8/21/18
- “The Wisconsin Podcast” interview – 1/29/18
- “Hell Is Other Podcasts” Episode 9 – 3/29/16
- “Sex on 8 Wheels” Damsel Trash music video – 11/9/14
- “10 Minutes About Your Favorite Movie” podcast – 10/1/13
- “Running With Scissors” podcast interview as Damsel Trash (9/25/13)
- “Old Business” guest segment re: the devaluing of Madison’s creative scene, on Arts Extract podcast 6/13
- Interview on “Film Reels” (WYOU) April 2013
- Talking about the State Supreme Court race on The People’s Mic, 92.1FM, 3/20/13
- Discussing photographer’s rights on The People’s Mic, 92.1FM, 9/26/12
- Proud member of the Mad Rollin’ Dolls roller derby league
I’m available as a guest speaker on topics ranging from grassroots journalism, new media, alternative event organization, Wisconsin politics, LGBTQ issues, and more. Contact me at lostalbatross AT gmail.com