Fiction, feature and narrative reporting, opinion, and analysis.
- Current project: A completed manuscript for The Irregulars, a historical novel set during and immediately after the American Civil War and told through the lens of women and queer people’s experiences.
- Emily’s first novel, “The Fix Up,” was self-published in 2008 and is available for sale online as well as in Madison at A Room of One’s Own Bookstore, and now at the Madison Public Library’s Central Branch!
- Short stories “Shelter,” first-place winner, Black Rock & Sage’s Three Genres Fiction Contest; “Pistol in the Mud,” 3rd place winner, Madison Magazine’s short fiction contest 2007.
- A poem, “The Killer of Frogs,” was published in Free Verse issue #95.
Reporting, essays, and opinions:
- NBC Think
- Tone Madison
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, columnist (10/1/13 | 10/26/13 | 2/1/14 | 5/17/14) (weekly – ended 9/18)
- Our Lives Magazine
- Dane101.com: Editor, contributing writer (track)
- Isthmus: freelancer (article archive), blogger from 2009 to 2011 (archive)
- Derby Central
- Madison Magazine
- The Capital Times/77 Square
- Wisconsin Gazette
- The Progressive (track)
- Wisconsin People & Ideas Magazine
- Footlights Magazine