Politics, news, arts, culture, editorial – features or quick hits – I do my best to cover it all. My work has been published both online and in print, at the following fine outlets:
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, columnist (10/1/13 | 10/26/13 | 2/1/14 | 5/17/14) (now weekly)
- Our Lives Magazine
- Dane101.com: Editor, contributing writer (track)
- Isthmus: freelancer (article archive), blogger from 2009 to 2011 (archive)
- Derby Central
- Madison Magazine
- The Capital Times/77 Square
- Wisconsin Gazette
- The Progressive (track)
- Wisconsin People & Ideas Magazine
- Footlights Magazine
My work has also appeared in several non-fiction books, for which I am eternally grateful:
- “Cut From Plain Cloth: The 2011 Wisconsin Worker Protests” (Dennis Weidemann, 2011 Manitenahk Books) – photos
- “We Are Wisconsin – The Wisconsin uprising in the words of the activists, writers, and everyday Wisconsinites who made it happen” (Erica Sagrans ed., 2011 Tasora Books) – essay
I also write fiction.
- My first novel, “The Fix Up,” was self-published in 2008 and is available for sale online as well as in Madison at A Room of One’s Own Bookstore, and now at the Madison Public Library’s Central Branch!
- Short stories “Shelter,” first-place winner, Black Rock & Sage’s Three Genres Fiction Contest; “Pistol in the Mud,” 3rd place winner, Madison Magazine’s short fiction contest 2007.
- A poem, “The Killer of Frogs,” was published in Free Verse issue #95.
- I’m currently working on a historical fiction novel set during the American Civil War.